Monday, November 4, 2013

Spootacular Halloween!

I don't know what to say, other than I think I have been close to being on cloud nine for a long time...and didn't realize it!  It wasn't until I was sitting in church two Sundays ago that it hit me.  The "it" being, Anna Cate has been in a fantastic....I mean....fantastic mood since the first day of school!!!!

That is just about for the past two months!  Happy dance!

I have been praying nonstop for many things for Anna Cate and was so wrapped up in the every day prayers I completely overlooked the fact one of them was answered.

I can not tell you how incredible it feels to have a prayer answered.  I can not begin to tell you how incredible it is to have Anna Cate be in this fantastic mood....all day!  I feel like a different person!


It doesn't stop there! She also seems more engaged lately.  She wants to be more in the action than she has in a while.  And I love seeing it!

This Halloween season was probably the BEST one in a really really long time.  Starting with selecting our pumpkins one early fall afternoon.  Anna Cate picked out her own and was so happy about it!  After picking out our pumpkins we went to get the kids their costumes.  Again, Anna Cate picked out her own costume and was adamant about being a 70's groovy girl!







Then we carved our pumpkins the weekend right before Halloween.  It has been a long time since she has wanted any part of the cleaning out the pumpkin; however, this year, she dived right in!  As you can watch in the video below she makes the same face as her siblings....not quite sure what to think, but hey this is kinda fun.  And right after the video ends, she throws a big chunk right at Eli!  You see the start of it in the video!










But it didn't stop there.

Halloween....she was all smiles!  She remembered her Halloween costume she picked out and enjoyed every second of wearing it.  It has been years since I was able to get pictures like these on Halloween of her....and all three!

Costume even has a GP2C flower on it!!!


Betsie as Harry Potter

Eli is Iron Man

My smiley groovy girl!

See what I was talking about!  Look at that smile!!!


She selected candy from the bowls at neighbors houses and placed them in her pumpkin....on...her...own!  This is huge for her!  Huge!  She enjoyed every second of being out with her family and seeing her friends.  She was enjoying Halloween....just like she should!  And I couldn't have been happier and more proud of her!

Every time I look at our pictures, I can't help but smile.  Knowing how far we have come and where we are today is incredibly refreshing.  Seeing the smile every day on Anna Cate's face is worth the wait and all the prayers.  Now this prayer for her, has turned into a daily thank you to God.



© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved
Our Everyday

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures and that she's doing so good!!!! We need to get together soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete